Wednesday 7 July 2010

Welcome to the new blog

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog! For those of you who don't know me, I'm a Scottish drummer based in Glasgow. I have been involved in percussion from an early age having started drumming with the 47th Culter BB Band before moving onto 'Culter and District' then grade 1 Dysart and Dundonald Pipe Band. I also owe a great deal of my experience to playing with the National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland alongside some of the best young drummers in the world.

Currently I am competing with the Grampian Police Pipe Band while studying a Design and Engineering degree at the University of Strathclyde. I am also the lead drummer and tutor for the Glasgow and Strathclyde Officer Training Corps Pipe Band who are the current TA champions.

At present I offer a range of services such as one-on-one lessons, Corps workshops, score writing and drum maintenance. I will also be using this blog to post some free scores, drumming related media, world music/percussion news and anything else which excites, educates or inspires me and hopefully you.

No comments:

Post a Comment